Do you want to cut the cord? Are you on the verge of this decision, and just need to know one last time if this leap is worth it?
Well, according to research conducted by Zippia, approximately 55.1 million people have cut the cord in the United States by 2022. This is certainly a large number, and it only continues to grow.
But, what has made this decision so easy for the masses? Why has it become so convenient to leave behind the once the most wanted of all; a cable TV connection?
The most popular answer? The streaming services… Yes.
People are actively turning towards cutting the cords and freeing themselves from exorbitant bills every month. It is not only the availability of streaming services that users are turning away from cable, but several other factors have also been contributing to this transition.
Why Are People Cutting the Cord?
Are you eager to find out why people are letting go of cable TV so rapidly? Is cable TV fading in today’s world?
Read ahead to know more about what 3 major factors have led cable TV down this road.
- Let us begin with the foremost reason that people are cutting the cord. It is the price factor. There is no secret that cable TV service has always been on the slightly pricey side. It is not favorable for all.
Yes, we understand the extensive availability of channel lineups, but they are not needed by everyone. For instance, a person living alone might not need the wide range of all entertainment and sports, or 70+ channels. This may work for a family of more than two people, but for a single person, it might not be too practical.
Even with the lowest plan for cable TV, it might still stay on the higher price end as compared to other available options.
- We cannot, in any way, overlook the important role streaming services play in the rise of cord cutting trend. We wouldn’t be wrong to say that every cord cutter is ultimately turning to a streaming service. Whether it is opting for one subscription or more than that.
Streaming services are surely one-stop for entertainment. However, if you are also tilting towards cutting the cord mainly for subscribing to a streaming service then make sure that you also have a reliable internet connection as well.
For this, we recommend AT&T. It offers high-speed internet connection via its fiber lines, and if you are a Spanish speaker then we have the best news for you. You can reach out to AT&T en Español and get the perfect internet plan for your streaming needs.
Once you are sorted with the right internet connection, you’ll be all good to be a satisfied cord cutter.
- Imagine watching a thriller, and a commercial break entering right in the middle of a jump scare. We are sharing this from a personal experience. Hence, the advertisements feel like the last nail in the coffin for cable TV.
There was a time when the commercial breaks felt like a quick ‘short break’. Now, they are farthest from this.
The excruciatingly long commercial breaks only destroy the tempo of whatever you are viewing. This ultimately impacts the experience. This surely does not sound worth the hefty cable bills you pay monthly.
Should You Cut the Cord? – The Final Verdict
We believe that cord-cutting is still the way to go in 2023. With more streaming services being added into the mix, we are certain that you are likely to find the one fit for your entertainment needs.
All you need for this is a subscription to your preferred streaming service and high-speed internet service, and you are all good to enjoy a lag-free experience.
Nevertheless, it all does boil down to your entertainment preference. Even though there once was a time when sports enthusiasts were hesitant in ditching cable, now with more sports streaming services such as ESPN+, etc, this concern is out the window as well.
So, what is your final call for cutting the cord? Will this year be finally when you do it? Let us know in the comments below.
- 10 Best Drama Movies Of All The Time
- Enjoy Your Quarantine With Best 7 Web Series
- Famous Bollywood Actress Without Makeup