Every girl loves to have a glowing face, whether it is with makeup or without makeup. But today we are gonna talk about the most obsessed makeup stuff that is ‘Highlighter’. No makeup look has got the perfect finish without highlighter yet. It absolutely looks pretty damp. Also, most of the time people confuse the application of highlighter with the thinking of heavy makeup. Which is absolutely not true at all. To clear that out we will help you in finding the proper way for ‘How To Use Highlighter’.
The illuminating and really powerful strokes of the highlighter can literally do wonders for your makeup. And a big thanks to the beauty vloggers and influencers to make the usage of highlighter as one of the trendiest rituals. The only problem when it comes to how to use highlighter is how much to apply? Should I go for a stick, liquid, or powder highlighter? Which shade I should go for and the big problem – How To Use Highlighter?
Also read- 10 best mac lipsticks to own in 2020
How To Use Highlighter In stick, cream, or any powder form?
Let’s start and discover the perfect ways for ‘How To Use Highlighter’ and to make your highlighter look absolutely flawless!
How To Use Highlighter- (GENERALISED METHOD)
The application of highlighter is definitely a tricky business. Too much in one place will give you a very displeasing and unwanted look. But ya a good one for Halloween. Well, You just simply need to understand that highlighter is something that you are using highlighter just for highlighting and enhancing your facial features. Which should only be highlighted and not popped out.
The trick is quite simple. You just need to apply it to the targeted areas and that’s it. You are done. I know that’s not easy. So to master the technique of highlighting; stay with me and I will let you know everything about it. And the best ways for – ‘How To Use Highlighter’
Tools Required For The Best Application Of Highlighter-‘How To Use Highlighter’
Obviously, if we are really going to master this technique we need to be prepared with our tools as well. Highlighting is easy and not so easy at the same time. And for that flawless look you need some tools and here are they-
Apart from your whole makeup setup, things you need is
- Concealer which should be one shade lighter than your skin tone
- Super soft makeup sponge
- A thick eyeshadow blending brush
- A fan brush ( Highlighter Brush)
- Highlighter of your choice
After gathering all the stuff, you need to make sure that your face is well-prepped and the makeup applied is properly set. And then your face is good to go to take those sparkling strokes and glow!
How To Use Highlighter Stick
If you need a quick touch up. Then trust me you cannot have anything better than a highlighter stick. The best part about the highlighter stick is that it gives you good coverage in the form of a stick which is very easy to apply and modify according to your needs. Below are the steps that you need to follow whenever you use a stick highlighter.
- Once you’re done with your foundation and contouring rituals. Take a little bit of translucent powder and apply it on your face to settle down the product.
- This will make a better hold on your skin to grab the highlighter. And will protect it from melting down.
- Mark and figure out the features where you want to highlight. Like your cheekbones, eyebrows, chin, jawline, and your forehead.
- Start blending the formula in the desired places. You can do this either with a traditional makeup blender, a soft brush, or even with your fingertips as well.
Once you are done with the application of the highlighter you just need to wait for a minute and let it sink into your skin And just finish it off with your faviorite makeup spray and you’re done!
How To Use Highlighter Powder
You might have understood that how to use highlighter stick is really not a tough job. And in fact, it is an easy alternative as compared to powder and cream or liquid highlighter. But don’t we need to master the technique.
Pressed powder highlighter is one of the best ways to get a fresh look on your face. That too very natural and subtle. Simply follow the steps given below to master with the application of the pressed powder highlighter.
- once finished with your foundation and contouring rituals, grab on your favorite powder highlighter and with the help of soft brush dust off onto your cheekbones, nose, and forehead.
- The key to master here is to start off lightly and slowly.
- Buildup the product through layers, which makes it easier to control the intensity of the illumination.
- Once done, set up your highlighter with your desired fixing spray or rose water.
Pressed powder highlighhter is an ideal option to go for a very light makeup or nude makeup look as well. If you are really not in the mood of applying those heavy layers of foundation this can be your go to option.
How To Use Cream Or Liquid Highlighter
A cream or a liquid highlighter is the ideal choice if you are looking for a whole glam look. This is the perfect choice for weddings, events and even for your dates as well. Also, it is pretty easy to apply. Follow the very simple steps below and you will be done mastering the highlighting technique!
- As usual, once done prepping your face with all the essential makeup. Put some drops of highlighter on the marked features. Like your cheekbones, forehead, jawline, and eyebrows.
- Start blending the wet highlighter with your fingers or a blending sponge.
- The key to master with the cream or liquid highlighter is to have control of the amount you are using to get the highlighted look. You can take a few drops each time and blend it thoroughly with some layers for bold look.
Wet highlighters when go wrong in terms of quantity may give you a very drastic and unnatural look that you wont really like. You can also look washed off in some cases as well. Highlighter should always be on point if you want to have that perfect look.
So, dear readers this was the ultimate guide for ‘how to use highlighter in any form’. Be it any, stick, powder or cream. With the help of this post you are definitely going to slay your makeup look effortlessly! For more such content stay tuned!
For more visit-